To receive participating/in-parish tuition rates (reduced rate):
- A family must be registered at Sacred Heart Parish, worship regularly and use the parish envelopes.
- Families must attend weekend liturgies at Sacred Heart Church a minimum twice monthly. (note: attendance is recorded through the use of church envelopes).
- Contributions of at least $15 per week (no less that $780 per year) must be made through the use of the parish envelopes. The church’s fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) will be the determining time frame for participating/in-parish tuition. A lump sum contribution at the end of the fiscal year will not qualify a family for participating/in-parish tuition.
Tuition rates for the upcoming year will be published as soon as possible after the school budget is approved in the Spring. Timely payments enable the school to continue to provide the best Christian education possible. There are four options available for paying tuition after the non-refundable registration fee of $225 (due January 31) has been paid:
OPTION 1: Pay tuition rate in full by April 20th.
OPTION 2: Pay tuition rate in two installments: half on or before April 20th, and the
balance by August 20th.
OPTION 3: Pay 10 monthly payments through FACTS. Parents elect to pay tuition on either the 5th or 20th of each month through the FACTS Payment plan. The FACTS annual enrollment fee is $38.00. First payment is April 20th and balance is to be paid in full by January 20th.
Please refer to the Shamrock Fun Club for information on latchkey program fees.
- Students will not be admitted to classes on the 1st day the tuition payments are up-to-date.
- Payments received after the due date will have a late fee of 5% of payment added to the tuition balance. All late tuition must be in the form of cash, money order or a certified check.
- In case of delinquent payment beyond 21 days, the student(s) will be excluded from classes until payment is received.
- There is a $25 fee for returned checks, which must be paid in cash. If more than two checks are returned because of non-sufficient funds, personal checks will no longer be accepted by that family.
- All families presently registered in Sacred Heart School must have all tuition and fees paid for the current year before registration for the following year will be finalized.
- All tuition, fees, and fines must be paid in full before report cards are given and/or transcripts sent. All tuition, fees, and fines must be paid in full before a student may participate in graduation ceremonies.
- Should a student leave Sacred Heart in the course of the school year, tuition, excluding the registration fee and any additional fees, is pro-rated on a quarterly basis and refunded. Fees are not refundable.
Tuition Refund Policy
The registration fee paid at the time of registration, book fee, and other miscellaneous fees are not refundable.
For students withdrawing from school at the request of the school administration at any time, a full pro-rated refund of all remaining tuition other than the registration, book and miscellaneous fees, will be made.
- For students voluntarily withdrawing on or before the fifth day of school a 100% tuition refund, less the registration, book and miscellaneous fees.
- For students voluntarily withdrawing on or before the first Friday of the second quarter of the school year, a refund of 75% of the annual tuition of such students, less the registration, book and miscellaneous fees.
- For students voluntarily withdrawing on or before the first Friday of the third quarter of the school year, a refund of 50% of the annual tuition of such students, less the registration, book and miscellaneous fees.
- For students voluntarily withdrawing on or before the first Friday of the fourth quarter of the school year, a refund of 25% of the annual tuition of such students, less the registration, book and miscellaneous fees.
For purposes of calculating the amount of refund due as a result of a student’s withdrawal, the departing student will be considered the last child of the family. For example, if a family with four children in school withdraws one of its students, the refund will be calculated using the tuition rate for the fourth child of the family.
The student fee covers the following:
- The purchase of workbooks used by the students.
- The rental of textbooks and their replacement with more recent ones when necessary
- The purchase and use of all instructional materials in the various subject areas in the classrooms.
- Standardized tests taken in school (not the High School Placement Exam)
- Tests and exercises duplicated by teachers and supplies needed for this purpose.
- Lunchroom supervisors (kitchen)
Since students rent their textbooks from the school, damage to any of these books will result in a fine depending on the age of the book and the damage done. Damage fees can range from $5.00 to replacement cost (some textbooks can cost as much as $90). Students are responsible for covering the books assigned to them to help prevent damage. If a student loses a textbook, s/he will be responsible for replacement costs of the book.