The committee's purpose is to advise the Pastor and Principal in recommending and developing policies for the operation of Sacred Heart School.
The Committee's responsibilities shall include, among other things:
Membership is composed of (8) individuals.
- In consultation with the Principal, to develop and recommend policies.
- To provide a forum for parent and parishioner input. Communicating to the public about programs offered, recruiting students and promoting the school.
- In conjunction with the Pastor and Principal, review and make recommendations regarding the annual school budget and determine the source of funding for it.
- To participate in the Conflict Resolution Process for the purpose of making a recommendation based on established practices.
Of these, three are permanent members, the Pastor, Principal and PTO President or PTO Representative. The remaining five members will be determined in this way: three members by election, one member by Pastor appointment and one member by principal appointment.
- Must be a registered member of the Parish or have (a) child(ren) in Sacred Heart School.
- Cannot be employed by the Sacred Heart School or Parish.
- Cannot be simultaneously a member of the Parish Pastoral Council or its Commissions.
- Cannot be a spouse/child/parent of the Sacred Heart School or Parish employee.
- Cannot be a spouse/child/parent of an active member of the School Advisory Committee or Education Commission of the Parish.
Father Ken Chase